PDF version of this page
Counselor: Denya Wormenor, LPC
Are you a parent that is wondering what is the best way to help yourself and your children navigate successfully through life in America, 2014?
This group can help you understand and decide for yourself on cultural issues affecting families, such as:
- Social Media and Video Games - How much is too much? How do I keep my kids safe?
- Connecting with our Kids – How to disconnect from media (television, phones, video games, the Internet) to connect with kids in a meaningful way.
- Strengthening Families – How to strengthen your family to withstand the “traps of the culture,” and 5 Conversations to Have with Your Son/Daughter (book).
- Performance Anxiety – How to help kids maintain grades and expectations without anxiety, build healthy self-esteem, and be “internally motivated” to do well.
- Effects of a Media Culture – How to help kids maintain a healthy body image, self-esteem, and self-confidence and be resilient against the potential negative effects.
- Suicide Prevention, Mental Health – What to do if you think something is very wrong.
This group is for: Parents who want to strengthen their children’s ability to navigate social media, manage pressures to perform well, and connect
Duration: 7 weeks, one and a half hours weekly.
This is a closed group – once a group is formed it remains the same for the entire 7 sessions
Cost: $45 per group session; group members are expected to attend at least 6 out of the 7 sessions.
Date/time: Saturdays, 4:00-5:30 p.m.
Call 720-588-2280, or email email@example.com for more information.